Sunday, September 21, 2008

T-minus 2 days and counting

These final days before the wedding were a whirlwind of appointments. Plus we had rented a home at Tahoe for the weekend because we needed somewhere for all of us to get ready and then to stay after the reception. McKenna's wish was for her bridesmaids to spend the night before the wedding with her and then all of them get ready together. That required a rather large home to rent but we lucked out with one in Tahoe Vista with views of the lake. We went up on Thursday just the four of us, Bob, McKenna, Dave and myself. It was lovely. We all went to dinner at Westshore Cafe, which I highly recommend. It is right across from Homewood Ski Resort. It is a beautiful lake side restaurant.


Bob and I had wanted to buy something special for McKenna, our little girl now all grown up, to wear during the wedding. She had chosen to wear the necklace that Bob had given to me on our wedding day. It is a small necklace with three opals on it. Very simple and very sentimental. With that in mind, he and I bought her matching earrings. We gave those to her that evening. By her reaction, I think we chose well.



No comments: