Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bubblegum Dresses

Music to Read By: Sex and the City*
Well, here they are, the bubblegum dresses. Some of these shots are from Friday afternoon when we were all together at the cabin and some are from the morning of the wedding getting ready. What a ZOO! Thinking back to when McKenna was in school and I was working, getting ready in the morning with two females wasn't bad at all. Try SEVEN of us; one being a bride and one being the bride's mother. No nervous stomachs there, no sir. Bob and Chris were the only males at the cabin. The estrogen level got to Chris; he volunteered to run errands. Bobby pins and curlers, mascara and eyeliner, missing shoes, hairspray, WATERPROOF mascara please, blowdryers, and 1008 conversations going on all at the same time. The girls were either screaming with laughter or crying in each other's arms. Some of the girls teared up when I just looked at them; some were somber; some were cracking jokes, but they all were as they were meant to be: there for McKenna.








I know some of you are wondering why this particular bit of music. I tried and failed to find something that I thought would be fitting. You know, 'You've Got a Friend', 'Wind Beneath my Wings'..I just kept crying listening to these songs. McKenna called and I asked her, "What song reminds you of your friends all the time?" Her immediate response was "Sex and the City"...at one time or another, each of her friends could easily have fit into those roles.

No comments: