Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ok, where was I?

Yes, folks, these past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and exhaustion. The wedding went off without a hitch or actually, two people got hitched. They are currently on their honeymoon (and yes I have pictures from them already!) But let's resume our story, shall we, hmm?


The evening they became engaged my organizational DNA went into overdrive. My God, we have a wedding to plan. NOW! Obviously the first question was, "Have you set a date?"

"This year sometime."

"OK, this year..." I said weakly. I knew that the biggest obstacle would be a event 'place'. "Any particular place you have in mind?" I asked, hoping for a church wedding. What is it about mothers wanting a church wedding?

"Not a church." McKenna made her feelings known. Drat. Hmm...let's take another tact, then. "Inside or outside?" and on and on and on and on some more. I looked over at Dave. His eyes had glazed over. This poor one-time bachelor was in for a ride now! He had NO IDEA THE THINGS THAT HAD TO GET DONE. NOW.

I decided to just.stop.talking. Shaina and McKenna were discussing colors and swatches and whatnot. Chris kept smiling at Dave because he knew. Bob and I were overwhelmed I think. We looked at each other. A brand new baby and a wedding in one year. How blessed we were.

The very next day, Kenna came over and we laid out what needed to be worked on first. Also, they had set an actual date they would like but it would depend on the venue's availability. They had various ideas for places but wanted to check them out in person. Kenna had to make decisions now on colors, bridesmaids, flowers, cake....you get the picture.

And speaking of pictures (nice segue, huh?) we hired the same photographer that Chris and Shaina used. If I haven't mentioned it before, Christa Hoffarth is FANTASTIC! Here's a plug for her: she's located at south shore Tahoe. And she's brilliant. I called her to have an engagement photo session arranged for Dave and McKenna. This session was at an outdoor locale at Tahoe. Take a look. Aren't they great?

This is their engagement announcement photograph for the newspapers.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Thanks for the update. Beautiful pictures so far. Can't wait to see more.
Larelle